To fix the following error:
Your system administrator does not allow the use of saved credentials to logon to the remote computer
computername/ipadress because its identity is not fully verified. Please enter new credentials.
The logon attempt failed
There is no-trust-relationship when connecting 2 computers from different domains. Windows uses NTLM in this case and the default domain machine policy does not allow use of saved credentials.
To Do (on local machine):
- On your local machine Open Windows command prompt type: gpedit.msc -> Press Enter -> a new window will popout
- Go to Local Computer Policy –> Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Credentials Delegation
- Double Click on “Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication”
- By default it will be “not configured”
- You will see radio buttons -> Enable the policy
- Click the “Show” button in the options window below and enter the value “TERMSRV/*” (without quotes) into the list.
- Click Apply button
- Do the same thing for the following policies:
Allow Delegating Saved Credentials
- Close all windows
- Open a command prompt and use “gpupdate /force” command to apply the policy directly